Monday, January 15, 2018

FUCK WHERE DO WE STAR???

I have been fighting with part of my family and some of my friends.

AM I part of the problem, if accept, tolerate, associate with friends or family who are full blown nazis?
YES I AM

What if they are just regular racists?
YES I AM

What if they are vocally trump supporters?
YES I AM

What if they are quiet trump supporters?
Meh, I cant read minds!!

I have endured - "dont hate them. Hate doesnt solve anything"
I have heard - "but they are my mother, brother, FAMILY!" And they make excuses for tolerated the hatred.

I dont have THE answer.
But ... I think PART of the answer is holding family and friends to higher standards. (Not perfection ... there is no perfection)

But if you have spent the last 8 years, defending obama, while they viciously attacked him and our values.

IF you spent the 8 years before that, listening to them expound on how FUCKING AWESOME W WAS!!!! And How Obama caused the depression.

IF in those 16 years, they got worse, refusing to debate, refusing to admit facts, refusing to even civilly disagree?
WHY THE FUCK are you still talking to these people?
"Family" mhmmm

"Family" is WHY racism is still so ingrained.
"But I am christian".  ... why do they deserve your compassion, while they actively kill my friends and others?

FUCK
(I am reminded of Jon Stewart's segment on "IF you are tired of HEARING ABOUT IT, imagine having to live it."

WHAT kind of example are you setting for your children????
"Meh, you can fight with them at the table. But they are family. So it is ok if they are Nazis."

Yup ... this problem will last forever.

(*rant off*)
(God I need another 12 beers)

No comments:

Post a Comment