Monday, March 30, 2020

2020 03 30 - AFTER the desktop exploded - and what I KNOW so far.

so ... to let you know where I am on THE DESKTOP OF DEATH

1) I tried replacing my C drive with a NEW C DRIVE (aka, old one laying around)
THis was still a CLUSTERFUCK FROM HELL

2) UNPLUGGED and removed 100% of ALL OTHER DRIVES ...all 4 of them
OH LOOK ... I was able to EASILY install windows on the NEW DRIVE,

Desktop is totally UP AND RUNNING, FASTER than ever, HOW EXCITING.

TAKE AWAY ....
1) my original C drive was PROBABLY NOT THE PROBLEM (might have been two bad drives, but really??)
2) NEXT STEP - PUT the original C drive BACK INTO THE MACHINE and confirm one way or the other.

Either way.
1) I have a NEW NEW C drive that arrived yesterday - so if the ORG C is dead, I can COPY to NEW and TADA
2) OMFG a clean install is SO FUCKING FAST .... waht is wrong with us ?? HAHAHA
3) FUCKING MAKE SURE that you have offline backups (check), restore points (have them but bad drives= lol), recovery images and what nots

also, learning some STRANGE new things about windows to share later .... LOLOLOL

MY GOD I LOVE Nvme drives.

Thanks again

FIND that awesome flowchart and use it for debugging in the future ... LOLOLOL

No comments:

Post a Comment