Wednesday, March 31, 2010

2010 03 30 - crash

crashed again at ~9:40 pm ....
ventrillo was running
wow
virtualbox
a ton of IE8 websites open

keep in mind that probably the ONE variable all day was VENT
didnt open vent until raid time ~8pm ....
everything else was open all day ....


my next PLAN
is to close everything before I raid tomorrow (assuming I raid) ....

also going to think about creating some virtual memory

another point of order ....

my C drive is a RAID-0, 2 drive, SSD
is it possible that the SSD's are causing something ......

oh yes
after rebooting
I started vent and wow
played for 2 more hours and had no crash ....
which doesnt rule out anything but ....

2 comments:

  1. next step
    install win xp virtualization mode from windows
    who knows

    tried installing random similar lexmark drivers
    got further, but errors on printer

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW and Virtualbox are probably stable. Do the websites you have open have a lot of Java, Flash, Silverlight, etc? Do you still get the same error in event viewer after the crash?

    I'm starting to go back to possible RAM issues, but I need to leard more about SSD drives. Not long ago the technology just wasn't there yet, reliability wise. But it was my understanding that when they went, they just went... not this slow crash type of deal.

    ReplyDelete