Wednesday, March 10, 2010

13:38
box is here. started unpacking. first thing I did was examine OUTSIDE of box. was there dings? places where they dropped it?? nope. little bumps here and there, but none of the "kill me now" that happens sometimes.

the bottom of the outer box was suffering from having only one piece of tape on it. was starting to break open. 6 more days of shipping probably would have. meh.

opened the big box. was foam, NOT peanuts. nice.
the case is inside the original box the case came in, so there was a box in a box. nice.
much less chance for everything getting banged up.
keyboard is off on its own, cheap, dont care, wasnt planning on using it.

GIANT ziplock bag filled with bits and pieces. disks and cables. stuff and more stuff.

took a couple quick pics with phone.
frak.
had to clean the desk off to make space for new toy. plus I need to work today. so cant turn the old computer off yet. frak.

YAY cleaner desk with more space.
maybe THIS time it will stay this way.
HAH, not a chance in hell.

13:46
dug out my old keyboard and mouse.
I HATE all the new ones.
I LOVE my old natural keyboard and big old MS mouse.
(yes I know whatever crap you use is better. yes I know that you hate my keyboard. good.)

13:48
removing the CASE from the case box is one of those chinese puzzle boxes.
you can be a tard and lift it out. pain in the ass. you can rip the box, worse, cause then how do you send it back when it is dead???
tada, the trick is to open the BOTTOM, sit the box down on the ground, open side DOWN, and then lift the box off of the case.
(regular styroblocks around case, nice and steady in shipping, yay, NO dents on outside of box)

14:20
evidently my boss has priority over playing with new computer
HAH

oooooo super foam packing inside the case
keeps stuff from shaking lose during shipping
NICE

this is why I paid SOMEONE else to put it all together for me!!
I could have bought all the parts
but lazy ass pete would have been sloppy sloppy sloppy

14:27
jealous much?
those are a raid-0 SSD
over 9000 in hard drive power with NO SOUND

hahahaha
over the POWER socket, there was a sticker
THEY REALLLY DONT WANT you turning your computer on with the foam inside.

so, if this doesnt work today, I will be the kid with the broken toy on XMAS.
crying like a baby in my beer
wait, what? you didnt have beer on xmas as a kid?

eyup
took cover off again, cause I am the stupid, and didnt remove the plastic cover protecting the plastic window
sigh
story of my life
put things together, take them apart


14:39
thinking about cables and turning things on
sigh
the moment of truth

more pics
why did I get a floppy drive?
oooo but the EXTERNAL, builtin media ports will make me happy I think

14:46
sooooo I knew that I had a video cable SOMEWHERE in the house.
why was it the last place I looked?

No comments:

Post a Comment