Wednesday, April 28, 2010

my PC is trying to kill me.

so, my PC continues to do its CRASH thingy. after more google searches, I started to read some of the CLOSE but not quite what I was getting problems.

"PC HANGS but then recovers"

I thought my PC was COMPLETELY dying. but, when it finally happened again, I didnt reboot. I just left it sitting there and waited.

TADA
NEW INFORMATION
my PC "recovered" after a few mins???
"Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered"
got this EXACT thing 3 times last night.
YAY something NEW

search on THIS gave me completely different leads.
from memory setting problems to weird windows patches to loose video card power connectors to wonky power supply problems.

yes all the drivers are up to date

so in some ways this is good news, I have a new msg to research and track down.
rather than a vague feeling that the soundcard/ventrilo were causing crashes.

YAY

2 comments:

  1. Dude, I'll go back to what I originally suggested and remove the RAM sticks one at a time and see if you have a bad stick or slot. ACTUALLY, the FIRST think I told you was to BUY A DELL... but that's behind us now, isn't it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Problem is that it happens so rarely.
    And there isnt anyway that I can actually trigger the event, so testing is next to impossible.

    was thinking about taking a pair of the memory out. (there are 3 pairs)

    was also thinking about reseating everything ...

    also looking at memory timings in BIOS
    (someone else with this problem solved theirs by doing this ....)

    either way
    BLARGHHHHHHH

    ReplyDelete