Monday, May 9, 2016

spike

There is a 6-7 season story arc ... in the strangest of shows.
The story follows an EVIL character, with no redeeming qualities.
During the long arcs, this character develops , asking some of the deepest meta physical of all time. period. developing the most unexpected, the most passionate love scene of all time.
7 years later, this PURELY EVIL character, hated by all, ... well, you say it coming, but his redemption is the best development that I have ever seen. Probably never to be beaten.



Buffy: How long was I gone?
Spike: Hundred and forty-seven days yesterday. Uh... hundred and forty-eight today. 'Cept today doesn't count, does it? How long was it for you... where you were?
Buffy: Longer.

Spike: Well, I haven't been to a hell dimension just of late, but I do know a thing or two about torment.

Buffy: I was happy. Wherever I was... I was happy... at peace. I knew that everyone I cared about was all right. I knew it. Time... didn't mean anything. Nothing had form. But I was still me, you know? And I was warm. And I was loved. And I was finished. Complete. I - I don't understand theology or dimensions, any of it really... but I think I was in heaven. And now I'm not. I was torn out of there. Pulled out, by my friends. Everything here is hard and bright and violent. Everything I feel, everything I touch. 

This is Hell. Just getting through the next moment, and the one after that. 
Knowing what I've lost. 
They can never know. Never.


No comments:

Post a Comment