Friday, August 8, 2014

There are no moral absolutes. None.

 I guess ... I guess ... I could ...
Do you ....
Nathaniel ... do you know someone CLOSE to you .. a best friend or sister ... who was raped or abused?  I resolved my moral dilemmas once I had friends who had lived in a hell that I will NEVER understand. NEVER comprehend.

But I can empathize ... and I can wish death on the criminals that did that to them.

There are no moral dilemmas.  If the only way that I had to stop someone from raping again was a bat or a fire or pushing them off a building, well, I would have not qualms about doing it.  If I caught someone in the act of raping one of my niece/nephews, they would be dead. It would be a moral good.

would I be certain to find out that it was rape first and not rough sex? of course ...

there is a special place in hell for those people ...


<insert long diatribe here about the people I personally know who have been through this hell>

Dexter was a great american super hero for a reason. He righted wrongs.  There are no moral absolutes. NONE.
IF I walked in on someone raping one of my niece/nephews, they would be dead.  They would never find the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment