Saturday, July 26, 2014

City Hall and the City Sticker of Death



CIty Hall and the most amazing people I have ever seen.
SO, I had to go to city hall and PICK UP my city sticker. (It got returned because WHO THE HELL KNOWS.) I got email, go pick it up, they have it. FINE.
SO, I go two weeks ago, the line is over 9000 miles long. I give up without waiting and go home.
SO, I go yesterday, friday, 4pm. Squash Mike laughs at me and tells me that it will take forever. Nooooooooooooooooooooo
I get there, there is no line, pretty dead. Maybe 10 people in different lines.
SO, I give them my ID, they go behind some locked door to search the pit.
And I get to listen to MORONS complain. and COMPLAIN. AND COMPLAIN.
This woman working there was a SAINT.
Saint: No sir, we can not help you. We never received your check or application.
Idiot: but I sent it.
S: we never received it.
I: well I checked my bank, the check was never cashed.
S: We never received it.
I: Well what could have happened?!
S: We never received it. Maybe it was lost in the mail? (she is taunting him now, ever so politely)
I: Well what about these parking tickets?
S: We dont do parking tickets.
I: But it is over $400s in tickets.
S: We dont do parking tickets.
Pete: (close to losing all control and bursting out laughing)
I: What should I do?
S: You need to buy a city sticker. And pay the late fee.
I: How much? What?
this goes on for another 10 minutes.
I am doing sudoku and trying NOT TO LAUGH OUT LOUD.
Idiot finally goes off to buy sticker with late fee.
Pete: You all are saints. How did you survive this?!
Saint: (with that LOOK in her eyes) We didnt. Our interns SAVED US!!
I had been witnessing all these people giving DEEP HUGS as they were leaving and not coming back. I now knew that these were the parttime interns that had saved them.
I has never seen such happy and sad people.
Needless to say, I had a great time at city hall and got my city sticker on my car now. No ticket, so I dont have to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment